Well before the start of AutoblogGreen, well before there were blogs, before even the first production hybrid vehicle, there was the Arab Oil Embargo. It happened 40 years ago this week, which means now is as good a time as any to take a look back at a time when getting gas in the US was a tremendous challenge.
- Danny King
- Mar 11, 2013
Going into October 1973, the country's Number One song was "We're An American Band" from Flint, MI's own Grand Funk. In nearby Ann Arbor, some folks were putting their own uniquely American spin on the alt-fuel vehicle, and we've got the pictures to prove it.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models