Ford has confirmed that it will bring its 1.0-liter three-cylinder EcoBoost engine to the United States under the hood of its 2014 Fiesta, previewed in these photos by the global model that debuted in Paris earlier this year. We pretty much knew this was coming, and we'll see the tiny mill on display at the Los Angeles Auto Show next week – assuming Ford's luggage made it there unscathed.
We can't even begin to imagine all of the weird stuff that the Transportation Security Administration has seen through the screen of the airport x-ray machine (or worse, when they find when they get to snap on those latex gloves and actually rummage through your belongings). But we have to imagine that this, right here, was worth a second look or two as it ran through the TSA line.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX