Suzuki is recalling 46,549 2006 model year Grand Vitara (shown) and 2005-2006 XL-7 SUVs for a potentially defective hydraulic power assist steering pump. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that the defect involves a plastic tension adjuster pulley for the drive belt that operates the steering pump and A/C compressor. Heat stress can apparently cause said plastic to deteriorate over time, which could lead to pieces of the pulley breaking off. The broken pieces can get lodged
Suzuki Grand Vitara Recalls
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.