Winter Wonder Machines
Driving fun doesn't need to stop when the snow starts. When winter weather turns ugly enough to scare traditional sports cars into the corner of the garage, time to look for transportation that's more entertaining to drive than a traditional 4 x 4 truck or SUV, but still has all-weather capabilities.Along with being well-suited for dashing through the snow, our Winter Wonder Machines exude sporty attitudes and deliver exciting performance. All-wheel-drive is an across-the-board feature that helps these excellent four-season cars resist fear of the flakes.
Ford Fusion Sport AWD
Subaru Impreza 2.5GT
Chrysler 300C AWD
Porsche 911 C4
BMW 3-Series xDrive
Ford Taurus SHO
Volkswagen CC VR6 4Motion
Cadillac CTS AWD
Audi S5 V8
Volvo XC70 Cross Country
Winter Driving Tips
Whether you're ready to purchase one of AOL Autos' Winter Wonder Machines or not, follow these tips to improve the fun and safety your winter driving experience:• Gain traction by properly inflating tires.
• Allow extra room in traffic. Experts recommend increasing following distances by at least three times on snow-covered roads.
• Pay attention: It takes up to 10-times longer to stop on snow- and ice-covered roads.
• Consider purchasing dedicated snow tires that provide significantly better grip compared to all-seasons tires in cold, snowy driving conditions. Regular tires begin to loose their ability to grip the road at temperatures under 45° Fahrenheit and are not designed for optimum traction in snow.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies