The Volvo C30 is nearing the end of its lifecycle and that means Volvo can take its compact hatch in one of two directions: plug on with a three-door variant or make a more spacious five-door to compete with the Audi A3.
Volvo V30: Spy Shots
- Steven J. Ewing
- Oct 11, 2011
Don't let this test vehicle's proportions deceive you – there's stretched Volvo C30 architecture under all of that cladding. Yes, Volvo is working on expanding its C30 range with the addition of this, the upcoming V30, set to rival the Audi A3 and recently redone BMW 1 Series hatchback in Europe. There's also a high-riding crossover variant, tentatively dubbed XC30 (go figure) in the cards.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX