There should be a production version of the Volkswagen Polo R WRC that's simply called the Polo RC, as in "RC car." Watching the diminutive VW being tested in Finland in preparation for next year's World Rally Championship makes us think "Wow, that's awesome!" and "Who's got the remote?"
Volkswagen Polo R WRC: Frankfurt 2011
- Drew Phillips
- Sep 15, 2011
Volkswagen announced earlier this year that it would be entering the World Rally Championship starting in 2013 with the Polo R, and we got our first glimpse of the race car here in Frankfurt. While it's easy to see the similarities to the road version, the Polo R WRC has been transformed into an all-out rally car with widened fenders, a fully stripped and caged interior, and plenty of carbon fiber on the body. Under the hood is a race-prepped version of Volkswagen's 1.6-liter STI engine producin
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX