The seventh-generation Volkswagen Golf is likely to go into production next year for North American consumption, but Automotive News is reporting that the latest version of the Volkswagen hatchback could end up being built in Mexico by 2014 according to an interview with CEO Martin Winterkorn. The decision to produce the recently debuted 2014 Golf there could happen within a few weeks, and if it does come to fruition, all three of VW's biggest sellers in the U.S. would be produced in North Ameri
Volkswagen Golf MkVII: Paris 2012
- Steven J. Ewing
- Sep 27, 2012
When we first saw the seventh-generation Volkswagen Golf in the manufacturer-provided stock photos, we were a little let down. In a word, it looked... droopy. But now that we've seen Volkswagen's new global hatch in person, we have to say, it's a handsome little thing.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX