A report in Motor Trend says that CAFE requirements are driving Volkswagen to develop the next-generation Polo – as well as a crossover to slot below the Tiguan – for the US market. If so, the two new models would join a few other VW products with elevated mile-per-gallon numbers, including the Golf GTD and a potential hybrid two-fer in the Touareg and Jetta PHEVs. However, Volkswagen won't give the CAFE-busting XL1 a resident's visa for the States.
Volkswagen CrossPolo Urban White
- Noah Joseph
- May 23, 2012
We have to admit we're big fans of the Storm Trooper look. Combining white paint with blacked-out trim, the treatment is one you'd typically find performed in the aftermarket. But in this case Volkswagen is offering it direct from the factory. Or so it is to European customers, anyway.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX