USDA grants help states install pumps for higher ethanol blends. Volkswagen reports "Think Blue. Factory." progress. Chinese EVs will be developed in Silicon Valley. Zap/Jonway announces EV funding.
Volkswagen Chattanooga Plant Solar Park
- John Beltz Snyder
- Sep 14, 2015
- Sebastian Blanco
- Jan 23, 2013
In December 2011, the Volkswagen plant near Chattanooga, TN was certified LEED Platinum. That's a difficult level to reach – as we described at the time – but the one billion dollars the company spent there fit snugly into the VW corporate storyline: we're going to make cleaner cars at cleaner plants. We're going to reduce CO2 emissions by 30 percent (between 2006 and 2015). We're going to make sure our production facilities are 25 percent more "environmentally compatible." We're goi
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX