VL Automotive, the company that sought to fit Fisker Karmas with the LS9 V8 from the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 at last year's Detroit Auto Show, is back in 2014 with a new wild idea: a V8-powered Fisker Karma convertible. Those with long memories will recall that Fisker itself showed a hardtop Karma convertible in 2009, but the VL Destino variant does feature some slight differences.
VL Destino Convertible concept sketches
- Seyth Miersma
- Jan 10, 2014
Last year around this time, we were prepping to see the first iteration of the VL Destino; a Fisker Karma with a Corvette ZR1 heart transplant. Now, with the 2014 Detroit Auto Show looming just over the horizon, there are fresh hints that the Destino is due for a sequel.
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!