Toyota's TMG EV P001 – perhaps trying to outrun its boring name – smashed the existing lap record for an electric vehicle on the famed 12.93-mile Nurburgring Nordschleife track with a time of seven minutes, 47.79 seconds. This beats the previous electric car time by a healthy margin and puts Toyota's electric racer on par with the lap times recorded by vehicles like the Nissan GT-R and Porsche 911 Turbo, but is still a ways off the any-powertrain-goes record of 6:48. The just-bested
Toyota EV lap record at Nurburgring
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX