Ever look through a brochure or online configurator and wonder how automakers come up with the names for the paint colors? They research, deliberate and focus-group the heck out of them until they've arrived at a catchy name like... Rape Yellow.
SRT Viper Color Contest
- Brandon Turkus
- Oct 18, 2013
Like every decision involved in a new car, picking the names of the color palette is a delicate process. The name of a paint option means more to buyers than you might think, which is why automakers go to great lengths to pick the right color name and why we sometimes wind up with silly names like Bulldozer (yellow-orange) on the Jeep Wrangler, Red Alert! (and yes, the exclamation is supposed to be there) on the last-generation Nissan Versa, Alien (green) on the Kia Soul and Nobel Spinel Mica (r
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!