Peugeot's parent company, PSA Peugeot Citroen, has been working for a while on a drivetrain that would hybridize a conventional engine with compressed air rather than batteries. The powertrain would include a hydraulic pump that allows the car to run in all-gasoline, all-air or combined modes, which is where the name "Hybrid Air" comes from. Peugeot now says its compressed air hybrid powertrain can get almost 100 miles per gallon and one that's built into a Peugeot 208 hatchback will start rolli
PSA Compressed Air Hybrid
- Danny King
- Jan 26, 2013
Nike single-handedly popularized the term "swoosh." If a new and unexpected project works out as planned, PSA Peugeot Citroen might do the same with "whoosh."
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX