That the Nürburgring is in trouble should come as no surprise. The famed German circuit went bankrupt over a year ago, although it has remained open while the government bodies that own it have entertained bids from prospective new owners. That didn't seem to be going anywhere, particularly considering the massive debt which the circuit (and activities surrounding it) have accrued, but the latest reports suggest that one of Germany's major automakers could come to the rescue.
Porsche 918 Spyder N�rburgring Record
- Noah Joseph
- Sep 16, 2013
Porsche had a lot to crow about at the Frankfurt Motor Show last week. Not only did it debut the new 50 Years edition and Turbo versions of the 911 and the new hybrid and diesel versions of the Panamera, but while unveiling the final production version of the new 918 Spyder, it revealed the record lap it set around the Nürburgring.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX