Polaris, well-known maker of motorcycles, ATVs and snowmobiles, is getting very close to hopping into a whole new market with its Slingshot, a new three-wheeled roadster. The company just released its first teaser video to promote the still mysterious new sports trike ahead of its full July 27 unveiling.
Polaris Slingshot Patent Drawings
- Chris Bruce
- Jul 1, 2014
- Seyth Miersma
- Feb 20, 2013
It seems as though recreational vehicle maker Polaris is taking steps toward the production of quite an interesting, three-wheeled vehicle. Documents filed with the US Patent Office have revealed schematics for a Polaris "reverse trike" – that's two wheels in front and one in back – with seating for a driver and a passenger. According to the logo dug up by The Kneeslider, this buddy bike might eventually be called the Polaris Slingshot.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX