Toyota tests hybrids with silicon-carbide power semiconductors. The CCS and CHAdeMO rivalry could be over. Retired BMW i3 batteries to be recycled for grid storage.
- Jul 30, 2014
Plug In 2014: BMW i DC Fast Charger
- John Beltz Snyder
- Feb 1, 2015
- Sebastian Blanco
- Aug 7, 2014
It looks like it's just a blue box on a pole, but BMW's new i DC Fast Charger represents a much bigger deal than just the lowest-cost SAE Combo Charger on the market. BMW sees it as the key to getting more drivers into electric vehicles. As Robert Healey, the EV infrastructure manager for BMW of North America told us, "For [BMW], the future is clear. DC charging really is the future."
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models