Mahindra, a massive Indian conglomerate, has agreed to purchase Italian design house Pininfarina. The total investment will be near $185 million.
- Noah Joseph
- Sep 17, 2013
Times have been tough for European coachbuilders. Major automakers that once turned to these contract manufacturers for small production runs have since developed the capability to produce in scale. And before the coachbuilders could regroup, the recession hit, and the economy in Europe is still recovering.
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Mar 5, 2013
To give you an idea of the ethos behind this concept, consider this fact: The Pininfarina Sergio comes with its own custom helmets for the driver and passenger. And yes, they match the sensuous red and black scheme so artfully applied to the car itself. Form and function, rolled into one machine.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX