We checked out the Opel Adam R2 Rally concept and its 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine with 185 horsepower and 140 pound-feet of torque at the Geneva Motor Show. The one-make series the car was built for, the ADAC Opel Ralleye Cup, has kicked off with 24 teams in identically prepared cars lining up for eight races in this inaugural season.
Opel Adam Rally Car
- Zach Bowman
- Feb 6, 2013
If there's a single phrase in the automotive lexicon that makes us want to obliterate our delicate middle ear organs with a pickaxe, it's "lifestyle car." Opel has taken the unfortunate step of dropping the company's Adam into that phylum, which is a shame since the little runabout looks downright dashing in rally guise. Opel has just announced that it will show off its new FIA R2-spec Adam at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show next month. Expect to see the little competitor go through homologation and
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!