Nissan has already boosted its green credentials in the US by moving production of the all-electric Leaf to Smyrna, TN. The Japanese automaker is now taking that effort one step further with a new vehicle-painting facility next door. Nissan just opened a 250,000-square-foot painting facility that replaces a 30-year-old paint factory and will make vehicle painting faster and much more energy efficient.
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!