If you lined up all the taxis in New York, they'd stretch all the way from Wall Street to Norwalk, Connecticut. They shuttle some 236 million passengers around the city every year – about 600,000 every day – and in the process, they travel the equivalent of 20,000 times around the world every year. Those are staggering numbers, to be sure, so when the city's taxi and limousine department put out the tender for its "Taxi of Tomorrow," it was an ambitious – and important –
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX