If you were hoping Mini might be bringing out a John Cooper Works GP version of its new Coupe hatchback bodystyle, we're sorry to disappoint you, but the Mini-obsessed folks at MotoringFile says it's not going to happen. Despite having gotten far enough into development that our spy shooters were able to catch the car during testing on public roads, the powers that be have reportedly scuttled those plans.
Mini Coupe GP spy shots
- Noah Joseph
- Apr 18, 2012
Want a hot little hatchback? You could do a lot worse than a Mini. But as with many cars, your budget will determine how much speed you get: Cooper, Cooper S, JCW or – with the first-gen model, anyway – the top-of-the-line John Cooper Works GP.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX