Mercedes-Benz seat belts already have a feature that adjusts the tension of the belt after it's buckled, using motors in the B- and C-pillars. The boffins in Stuttgart have improved on that by turning to their attentions to the buckle, giving it two new functions. When you enter the vehicle, the buckle extends by 70 mmm (2.75 inches) and it illuminates to help you locate it and insert the tongue. Once the seat belt has been fastened, it retracts again to provide the proper tension around the tho
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX