After a year of testing in Portugal, Daimler found that it's eight Fuso Canter E-Cell electric commercial trucks cut operating costs by 64 percent versus a diesel. CO2 emissions also fell.
Mercedes Fuso Canter E-Cell trucks
- Danny King
- Jul 17, 2014
Portugal is far better known for its scenery and seascapes (not to mention some of its alcoholic beverages) than its place as a vehicle-testing center. But the European country is serving just that purpose for Daimler's Mercedes-Benz division and a new line of trucks. And they are of the battery-electric variety.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX