You'd think that the extreme performance, engineering and technology of hybrid hypercars like the McLaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari and Porsche 918 Spyder would appeal to a guy like Gordon Murray. After all, the man behind the McLaren F1, the original hypercar, knows a thing or six about pushing the edge of the performance envelope with a new vehicle.
McLaren F1 LM: Geneva 2013
- Jonathon Ramsey
- Mar 7, 2013
The McLaren F1 is 20-year-old exotic that was the most expensive production car in the world when it went on sale for 540,000 pounds. That's about $810,000 US at current rates; in 1995, however, while the pound-to-dollar exchange rate was about the same as today, the automotive world hadn't got used to there being a new million-dollar car announced or launched every quarter.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX