McLaren hasn't tried to hide the fact that it is working on cheaper sports car codenamed the P13 that will directly take on the venerated Porsche 911, but now rumor has it that the automaker is also working on a second new model that would slot between the MP4-12C and P1 supercar, which is pictured above. While the car, codenamed P15, is still in the earliest stages of development, McLaren Chief Executive Officer Mike Flewitt teased the project to Autocar.
McLaren 12C GT Sprint
- Brandon Turkus
- Oct 2, 2013
McLaren GT, the racing arm of McLaren, initially showed the 12C GT Sprint back in July as a less hardcore version of the brand's other track-only offerings, although it did so with only a limited amount of information on the new track star. Now, the floodgates have been opened ever so slightly, with the Woking, UK-based outfit letting out a few other exciting details on the GT Sprint.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX