Just like any other retail store, car dealerships are as much about branding as they are about selling products. So when Marc Heitz decided to design his Chevrolet franchise to resemble more of an outdoor enthusiast store rather than a conventional Chevy dealer, General Motors stepped in by stopping payment of quarterly dealer bonuses to the tune of $250,000 each. Now, Automotive News is reporting that rather than redesigning the store or losing an estimated $1 million per year in bonuses, Heitz
Marc Heitz Chevrolet in Norman, OK
- Jeffrey N. Ross
- Dec 27, 2012
- Chris Tutor
- Oct 23, 2012
Avid waterfowl hunter Marc Heitz knows ducks would rather land on a pond already populated by ducks. Heitz is also a Chevrolet dealer, and when it came time to build a new facility, he figured car shoppers were a lot like ducks.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX