When Tata's purchase of Jaguar and Land Rover began to appear inevitable, the question "Would you buy a Jaguar made in India?" was oft repeated. Yet it looks like Land Rover will be the first of the two brands to try to benefit from this kind of Anglo-Indian synergy: a report in Autocar states that the 2015 Land Rover Defender will be built at Tata's plant in Pune, India.
Land Rover DC100 Concept: LA 2011
- Drew Phillips
- Nov 16, 2011
Land Rover is continuing to explore how to approach the next generation Defender, as evidenced by this updated version of its DC100 Concept that was initially unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September. The latest version features new 20-inch wheels shod with Cooper all-terrain tires and a new Heritage Blue paint scheme with a Candy Weiss roof.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX