China's best-selling carmaker can now claim China's largest proving ground. General Motors, Shanghai GM, China JV partner SAIC and the Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center (PATAC) opened the $253 million facility in China that has more than 37 miles of roads, simulating 67 different driving conditions and nearly 250,000 square feet of engineering and repair space. It occupies a little more than two square miles in Guangde County, Anhui, about 130 miles from Shanghai.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX