Each year since 2008, Ford has created a one-off Mustang to celebrate military aviation, and the cars have been auctioned off at the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Gathering of Eagles charity event to raise money to inspire the next generation of aviators. This year's charity car is the 2014 Ford Mustang GT US Air Force Thunderbirds Edition, which also helps celebrate 60 years of Thunderbirds air show excellence.
Ford Red Tails Mustang
- Jonathon Ramsey
- Jul 24, 2012
Engineers and designers at Ford have created a special edition Mustang to celebrate the Red Tails, the black Tuskegee Airmen who flew P51 Mustangs and bombers in World War II. To be shown at the EAA Air Venture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, the Red Tails Mustang VIN 00051 will be auctioned during the Gathering of Eagles to support the Young Eagles, a program that gives youth a chance to experience general aviation flying.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX