How many cops does it take to choose a new police car? In California, the answer is four. But this is also a trick question, because the California Highway Patrol didn't choose a car to replace its aging Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptors – it chose an SUV. That's right, Cali 5-0 will be rolling in the Ford Explorer starting this fall.
Ford Police Interceptor Utility: Live Shots
- Jeff Sabatini
- May 29, 2012
- Zach Bowman
- Sep 21, 2011
The Michigan State Police have officially graced the Ford Police Interceptor line with a Pursuit-Rated designation after a volley of tests. Both the Interceptor Sedan and Utility withstood the organization's battery of 0-60, braking and handling evaluations over a period of two days. And, the results?
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX