Ford used the occasion of CES to announce that the Ford Developer Program, the automaker's own app developer program, would be open to anyone wanting to participate. Ford will provide its software developer kit to registered software writers who will then have access to code libraries and documentation to allow them to write apps to "enable two-way communication between mobile apps" and Sync-equipped Ford vehicles "including voice commands from the driver."
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX