- This is the Mercury Bobcat. It was first built in 1975. It is based on the Ford Pinto. Yes, it also had a propensity to burst in
- Here we have the Mercury Topaz. Does the idea of a slightly upmarket version of the unloved Ford Tempo strike you as an odd idea
- To be fair, the Mercury Grand Marquis totally hit its intended target. The only problem is that the target was set way back in 1
- Hey, what is that thing? Oh. It's a Mercury Monterey. Apparently it was a minivan produced between 2004 and 2007. Who knew?
- And finally we have the Mercury Montego. You may also know it as the Mercury Sable or the Ford Five Hundred, which was a perfect
by Jeff Sabatini (RSS feed) on Apr 27th, 2012 at 6:31PM
If you are still stuck driving a prematurely rusty 2004 Ford Freestar or Mercury Monterey minivan, you have our deepest sympathies. But for all your suffering, you might still gain some small measure of satisfaction from Ford. Remember the investigation launched by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration last year? Well, the good news is that NHTSA has upgraded the issue to a full-fledged engineering analysis, according to The Detroit News. Specifically, the Feds are trying to figure out whether there's any difference between the 2004 models, vehicles that have engendered 22... Read More