Can Hurricane Sandy's flood waters be blamed for the fiery destruction of 16 Fisker Karmas and a Toyota Prius? On Halloween we guessed saltwater had somehow led to a short circuit that overheated the cars' batteries and fire, which may be exactly what happened.
- Noah Joseph
- Nov 3, 2011
Battery technology, say the detractors, just isn't there yet. Not enough to make electric vehicles a viable prospect for the majority of drivers at this point. That's what extended-range hybrids are for – to relieve range anxiety and help EVs go that extra mile or two hundred.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX