A Mercedes exec believes that the company could produce more SUV variants, and he thinks that the idea behind the R-Class might be one worth giving another chance.
First Drive: 2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class
- Noah Joseph
- Jan 27, 2015
The R-Class may be produced in the US, but though it's not available here any more, it hasn't been killed off entirely. It's still available in China, but now Mercedes has awarded the manufacturing contract to AM General in South Bend, IN.
- Zach Bowman
- Mar 19, 2012
After years of lackluster sales, Mercedes-Benz is finally pulling the plug on the company's R-Class, at least as far as sales in the United States go. The vehicle will continue to be manufactured at the Mercedes-Benz plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and exported to markets around the globe.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX