We hear it all the time when we're out test-driving any of the current crop of subcompacts: "Is that little car safe?" Well, if it's a Fiat 500, our answer should be affirmative, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The venerable independent testing agency has issued a Top Safety Pick award to the diminutive Italian cutemobile, which joins the Ford Fiesta as the only minicars to earn such praise.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX