For anyone who's not convinced that the auto industry operates on a slow timetable, remember that Mercedes and BYD first teamed up for a Chinese-market electric vehicle in 2010. While we've heard lots about the resulting EV that the Denza brand would make since then, the car wasn't scheduled to hit the market until 2014. At the Beijing Motor Show this week, Denza showed off a production version of the car and said that things are "well on track" for sales in September.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX