It's not like the Japanese and European-American automaker contingents can agree upon a fast-charging standard for their electric vehicles, so why bother going along with either of them. That's what the BYD-Daimler partnership may have been thinking, choosing ABB as the standard supplier of fast-charging stations for the upcoming Denza model in China. ABB will use a DC-charging standard called "GBT" that complies with neither the CHAdeMO platform supported by Japanese electric-vehicle makers Nis
Denza at Beijing Auto Show
- Danny King
- Feb 27, 2014
- Sebastian Blanco
- Apr 24, 2012
BYD is making multiple splashes at the Beijing, both with its own line-up of vehicles and its new Denza electric vehicle partnership with Daimler.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX