If you want a tour of the Corvette assembly plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky, or if you want to pick up your brand-new car there, you have until September 14 to make it happen. After that, according to a report in The Detroit News, the factory will close to retool for production of the next-generation Corvette, the C7. No timeline has been given for how long the assembly lines will be hidden from public view.
Chevy Corvette C7 prototype spy shots
- Jonathon Ramsey
- Aug 22, 2012
- John Neff
- Jan 19, 2012
The Corvette is the very definition of a halo car, and the fact that 2013 marks its sixtieth year in production is nothing short of a miracle. The seventh-generation Corvette is still a model year away, during which time Chevy plans to send off the C6 with a special edition 60th Anniversary 427 Convertible.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX