Just a few days ago Chevy dropped the news of its Silverado Cheyenne concept truck, a high-power pickup with Camaro Z/28 parts that looks an awful lot like the spiritual successor to hot-rod trucks like the the GMC Syclone. Theoretically, a performance pickup like the Cheyenne could do serious battle with Ford's sport-oriented 2014 F-150 Tremor. Too bad it's just a concept... or is it?
Chevrolet Silverado Cheyenne Concept
- Seyth Miersma
- Nov 5, 2013
- Noah Joseph
- Nov 3, 2013
There was a time when American automakers and enthusiasts were obsessed with high-performance pickup trucks. And by that we don't mean models like dune-jumping Ford F-150 SVT Raptor, either: these were trucks made for the street. Trucks like the F-150 SVT Lightning, GMC Syclone and Dodge Ram SRT-10. One by one, these hi-po trucks have faded away, but if there's one place where their successors can live, it's SEMA.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX