After taking last week to review the record category for World's Fastest Production Car, Guinness World Records has reconfirmed that the holder of this hotly contested superlative remains the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport land speed record
- Zach Bowman
- Oct 29, 2012
At some point, someone is going to have to hand the minds at Bugatti a physics book and tell them to settle down. Automobile reports the monarch of the Volkswagen stable is out to eclipse its own ludicrous performance threshold by building a new Super Veyron capable of snapping to 60 mph in 1.8 seconds. How? The company plans to shove even more carbon fiber at the ultracar while also turning up the horsepower. Rumor has it the machine will boast either an 8.0- or 9.6-liter W16 engine good for 1,
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX