Bridging the gap between internal combustion engine-powered vehicles and electric vehicles are plug-in hybrids, and BMW has made one out of its biggest sports utility vehicle, even if it's just a concept car at this point. The plug-in hybrid X5 eDrive Concept debuted today at the Frankfurt Motor Show, and it sits attached to a charge port on the show floor.
BMW Concept X5 eDrive
- Jeffrey N. Ross
- Aug 22, 2013
With six confirmed public debuts scheduled for the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show, BMW is definitely going to have its hands full. While we've already driven models like the 4 Series and the i3, one of the more interesting introductions is a "concept" plug-in hybrid version of the new F15 BMW X5 called the BMW Concept X5 eDrive.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX