The name Bluebird may be synonymous with speed, made as it were by the land speed record car that bore the name the better part of a century ago. But speed doesn't always come without its setbacks.
Bluebird DC50 And GTL
- Chris Paukert
- Jul 8, 2013
Another day, another EV sports car concept from out of the ether? Well, yes and no – Bluebird should be a familiar name to anyone with even a passing interest in land speed record history. A series of record-breaking LSR cars and boats ran the under the Bluebird moniker in the 1920s and 1930s with Britain's Sir Malcolm Campbell at the wheel, a legacy later carried on by his son, Donald Campbell and his grandson, Don Wales. It's that same lineage that's being leveraged with a new sports car
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX