It looks as if Audi plans to bring the menacing RS5 Cabriolet to the U.S., according to Car and Driver. The 450-horsepower convertible showed up in an application for certification with the California Air Resources Board. Those filings are necessary to demonstrate that any new model sold in California adheres to the state's emission standards - a must for any vehicle that goes on sale in the States. While it's worth noting that automakers routinely certify models that may never show up on the U.
Audi RS5 Cabriolet Patent Drawings
- Zach Bowman
- Sep 21, 2011
Audi apparently has a mind to turn out a convertible version of the RS5. A slew of patent drawings depicting the high-performance drop-top have made their way to the internet via our Spanish-speaking sister site.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX