There was no teasing and no build-up, just a "Boom!" and there appeared the Alpina XD3 Bi-Turbo. Said to be in response to customer demand, the XD3 Bi-Turbo uses the twin turbocharged, 3.0-liter six-cylinder diesel from the BMW X3 xDrive35d. But where that engine in standard guise gets 313 horsepower and 465 pound-feet of torque, Alpina ups the specs to 350 hp and 516 lb-ft. The result, through the eight-speed ZF transmission tuned for the application, is a 0-62 mile-per-hour run of 4.9 seconds.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX