Americans are the Rodney Dangerfields of the modern Formula One driving ranks; they don't get any respect. We recently reported on 22-year-old Alexander Rossi being tapped by Marussia as a replacement for Brit Max Chilton for this weekend's upcoming Belgian Grand Prix. He would have been the first American driving in an F1 race since Scott Speed in 2007, but less than 24 hours after getting the nod, Rossi has apparently been re-replaced by Chilton.
Alexander Rossi at Marussia
- Noah Joseph
- Jul 27, 2014
American fans of Formula One racing have a new team to root for as the Marussia F1 Team has named Alexander Rossi as its official reserve driver for the remainder of the season.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX