It isn't odd to celebrate the birthday of a long-dead celebrity, so perhaps we shouldn't be surprised at the huge to-do being made over the 50th anniversary of the Ford Cortina – a car that went out of production 30 years ago. Its celebrity status comes from the fact that it lived fast and died old, in car years: over the course of two decades, it racked up four generations and 4.3 million sales around the world. Half of those sales were in the UK, putting the Cortina atop the year's best-
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX