Volkswagen (and many other European automakers) have a storied history of launching products in their home market before bringing those wares over to the United States. Look at the seventh-generation Golf, for example, which just arrived in the US as a 2015 model but first debuted at the Paris Motor Show back in 2012. So while you might assume that the slick new Passat seen here will show up in US showrooms in another year or two, you'd actually be wrong. Sorry, folks – we're missing this
2015 Volkswagen Passat (Euro-spec)
- Steven J. Ewing
- Jul 3, 2014
Sorry, Americans – this one isn't for us. Yes, this is the all-new 2015 Volkswagen Passat, seen here in Euro-spec trim. And while the Passat is indeed a strong player in North America, this isn't the version we'll be getting – our car has been tipped to get a substantial refresh for the 2016 model year.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX