Engineers have a heck of a job on their hands developing any new model, but when it comes to an SUV, they've got to conduct testing both on the road and off. That's why, in preparation to launch the all-new Discovery Sport, the development team at Land Rover has built 181 prototypes that have already covered some 750,000 miles over all manner of terrain. The prototypes have waded through two feet of water, climbed up 40-degree inclines and down 45-degree grades and endured temperatures from -33
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX