When I was out in the desert with my new, old buddy Ralph Gilles, we started shooting the breeze about matte paint jobs. Photo-ninja Drew Phillips had driven out to shoot the SRT Viper TA event, and had grabbed the keys to our matte gray Hyundai Veloster Turbo for the journey. Pointing to the Veloster, Gilles asked what we thought about matte paint in general, to which Drew promptly responded, "I think it's a fad." Nice work, Drew.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!