There's a great history to purpose-built taxis. London still uses the same type of Black Cab, but while New York's iconic Checker cabs have long since disappeared – replaced by Ford Crown Vics and all manner of other vehicle – they're making a comeback in the form of the Nissan NV200.
2014 Nissan NV200 Mobility Taxi
- Seyth Miersma
- Mar 28, 2013
Nissan has been making hay with its NV200 light commercial vehicle in New York. We've known since last year that the van will see service as a taxi in the Big Apple, and more recently, we learned that a variant will be kicking around to rescue ailing Gibson guitars. At its press conference this year, Nissan continued the onslaught with a wheelchair-accessible version of its NV200 Taxi.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX